Last modified: 7/30/2017
This policy describes the types of information which may be collected by the operator of the website available at www.iptoolworks.com (the “Website”) or that you may provide when you visit the Website, and the practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
Information you submit via the Website, including any documents you may upload, is not stored, disclosed or used in any way by the Website’s operators except:
- to enable use of the Website and the technology made available through the Website (hereinafter the “Technology”);
- to the extent you specifically indicate that such information should be stored, used or disclosed (e.g., if you indicate that a search should be saved, or if you request that a document you upload be used in troubleshooting a problem);
- to improve the Website, the Technology, and/or any documentation for the same;
- to carry out any obligations or enforce any rights arising from any contracts entered into with you;
- in other ways which may be described when you provide the information;
- as necessary to comply with any court or governmental order or requirement; or
- for any other purpose with your consent.
Please note that this policy applies to information collected:
- On the Website.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and the operators of the Website.
It does not apply to information collected:
- offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the operator of the Website; or
- by any third party.
What and How Information is Collected
The following information is collected by the Website’s operators from or about users of the Website:
- information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website and usage details; and
- information you submit while using the Website (e.g., login information; information provided while filling in forms, selecting options, or uploading documents; information submitted with bug reports or troubleshooting requests).
This information is collected:
- Directly from you when you submit it.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies.
Information Collected Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with the Website, automatic data collection technologies may be used to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Website, including traffic data, location data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information which is collected automatically does not include personal information or information about any unpublished patent application. The automatically collected information may be used to help improve the Website, and/or to deliver better services, including by assisting in estimating the Website’s audience size and usage patterns.
The following technologies are used for automatic data collection:
Use of Your Information
Information collected about you or that you provide, including any personal information, may be used:
- To present the Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out any obligations or enforce any rights arising from any contracts entered into with you.
- To improve the Website and any technology made available through it.
- To assist you with use of the Website and/or any technology made available through it.
- In any other way which may be described when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
Aggregated information about users of the Website and information that does not identify any individual or patent application or invention may be disclosed without restriction.
Information, including personal information, may be disclosed:
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties used to support the Website and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which it is disclosed to them.
- To a buyer, investor or successor in the event of a divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the assets used to support the Website, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information about the Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed to you when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
Any other information collected or submitted, including personal information, may also be disclosed:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.